Heart to Heart Initiative provides both preventative, interventional and follow-up services to combat child abuse and domestic violence in communities through;
– Child protection and child care services – We Nurture and develop children through providing children with self-child protection skills, soft skills, talent development, child support and empowerment.
– Youth empowerment services; besides counselling – we have The Hearty Youth Dialogues, a teenager and youth discussion platform, The Hearts and Hands Skills Project which provides a wide range of skills to teenagers and young people such as introduction to electrical installation, introduction to computer, tailoring, hairdressing and design, introduction to construction, cookery and introduction to carpentry. We have Music, dance, drama and percussions training and sports teams.
– Our Community drop in Centre – this brings many people together; they gather to discuss, debate and learn through community dialogues, debates, conferences, seminars and workshops on topics of family strengthening, family support, child protection, financial empowerment and personal growth.
3. The Child and Family Rescue Program
We offer child rescues, referral, assessments and follow-up services to children who experience any form of child abuse and those who are in desperate situations like street connected children, children living in absolute poverty and poor health.
We also offer technical and social support to adults experiencing any form of violence inclusive of gender based violence.
1. The Heart to Heart Community Centre
The Heart To Heart Centre Was Opened On 7th July 2018 With 46 Children. It Has Expanded To Serving About 450 Children Annually. Its Focus Was On Children With Both Holidays And School Time Programs.
The Centre serves over 1,000 people annually. It is located in Kagoma- Kanyange, Wakiso District. A community service Centre with programs for the entire family unit including;
– Therapeutic services – Counselling and therapy services to children, young people, parents/ guardians and couples.
2. The Community Reach-out Services
We provide awareness forums and capacity building through general counselling sessions and trainings in institutions targeting children, their caregivers and their family members. We visit schools, churches, mosques, local community groups through the local council, companies and organizations with services for children, youths and adults.
- The Unstoppable Me, Sipowa Schools Program which is very famous. Through it, we target 50 schools in one school term offering holistic counselling and followup services to both students and the school staff. It is crowned with a competitive schools Award winning debate and the winners take home awards, certificates and medals.
- The Hearts Connect Community Program; this is our community giving program which is all the year round. Needy people visit the Centre for food and clothing while others (needy families) are assessed and given clothing and food throughout the year.
We also hold two special giving events; before the Easter and Christmas holidays where we give out to communities’ food, clothing and a general makeover with haircuts and treatment and an annual children’s party.
- Our Media reach-out programs.
We hold teachings and discussions on different media platforms. This includes, TV, Radio and social media.
- The Annual Children’s Camp organized through our Ten Girls Ten Boys Project.
4. The Christ in Us Church
Heart to Heart Initiative is a Christian organization. To continue strengthening families and creating safe places for children, Heart to Heart Initiative introduced a spiritual support fellowship in 2018 that later grew into the Christ in Us Church. It was launched on 5th December 2021 in Kagoma, Kanyange, Wakiso District, a church that is nurturing children and their families.